Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking Analytics to AdWords Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Following up to a post on the old forum (found here) I seem to be running into the same problem as Mr. Mister.

To clarify, I have granted adminstrative access in Analytics AND AdWords for this particular email. I'm in the new versioni of Analytics and AdWords. I'm logged into AdWords with the email I have granted administrative access to in both Analytics and AdWords. I select 'Google Analytics' located in the drop down of the 'Tools and Analysis' tab. The next page loads and it's titled 'Account Home'. On this page I see the analytics account I want to link. I click it. It loads the 'Standard Reporting' tab within the AdWords screen. I click the GEAR button located at the top right.

The only tabs I see available are:

Screencast: http://screencast.com/t/S7Cchu1M

Profiles
Tracking Code
Web Property Settings

And Another Row:

Assets
Goals
Users
Filters
Profile Settings

I cannot, if my life depended on it, find this page (http://screencast.com/t/XpHhq3zv) that Google has in their step by step guide with the 'Link Accounts' button. What am I missing here?

Thank you in advanced!

Ugh,

Very Frustrated User

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Linking Analytics to AdWords Account

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Grhawkins,

You are missing few steps, kindly read the blog post given below, it will help you in linking Google analytics to adwords account.  Please let me know when you done this.

How to Link Google Analytics to Google Adwords Account

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Grhawkins,

You are missing few steps, kindly read the blog post given below, it will help you in linking Google analytics to adwords account.  Please let me know when you done this.

How to Link Google Analytics to Google Adwords Account

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Simply does not work for me as I do not have the gear or the data sources tab as shown in the directions.  My account is linked to an old - delteted account, and I cant unlink that either

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello MBtest,

I don't think you can delete an Analytics acoount which is linked with adwords, first you need to unlink analytics account from adwords. After doing this you can deleted that as waht i think, what message you get when you try to access analytics from adwords account.

You can create a new analytics account and insert the new tracking code in web pages and then follow the same steps mentioed in above link. Please read more about Linking/Unlinking Analytics Accounts and AdWords Accounts in given article.

Please let us know your problem status.

Dinesh
My Blog