Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Linking AdWords with My Business and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to advertise for many individual businesses by creating their page on my website and using AdWords to bring visitors to the pages. (1 page per business)

I also plan to:

- use Location extension (that requires Google My Business account to be linked with AdWords account)

- set up Google Analytics for each page of my website so that I can display metrics for respective business owners

However, I have some confusions where all the linked accounts come in to play.

So I can create my customer's AdWords account by just creating a new account from my MCC account.

But then, is it necessary to link all those customer accounts with respective customer's google My Business account? Is there some programmatical approach to bypass this step? (I know how to code but failed to find a reference)

For Google Analytics, can I just get away with setting up Google Analytics on my Google account (one which my MCC account is associated with) and using the same Analytics account for all my customers' pages on my website? It would help me a lot if someone could verify my assumption.

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Developer Y
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Nope

To function properly each of your AdWords  clients' accounts should be linked to both  GMB and analytics. There are several ways to link analytics and Adwords:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6181127?hl=en

And linking GMB to AdWords:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7023394?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Developer Y
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Nope

To function properly each of your AdWords  clients' accounts should be linked to both  GMB and analytics. There are several ways to link analytics and Adwords:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6181127?hl=en

And linking GMB to AdWords:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7023394?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you MosheTLV for your input.

Your answer clarifies much of my questions but can you also tell me if this assumption is true?

"For Google Analytics, can I just get away with setting up Google Analytics on my Google account (one which my MCC account is associated with) and using the same Analytics account for all my customers' pages on my website?"

Thanks!!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Not sure I understood the structure: Linking one client's account with another client?

The only links possible are the one explained in the help article.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the url you included answers most of my questions. I was just trying to get some sort of validation from an expert whether this strategy was a valid solution in my specific use case.

I have accepted the URLs as the solution and I will try to validate that by myself by trying out the linkage myself.

Thank you very much Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ooh... I see.

Nope: strategically, and setting the structure correctly, this is not the right way.