2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Limiting clicks per viewer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have found some of my business competitors to be unethical in their practices, and I would like to know how to limit their ability to multi-click my advertisement in order to run up my costs. How do I do this? I have found the adwords instructions do not accurately address this problem.. 

Re: Limiting clicks per viewer

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

Welcome to Adwords Community.

How Google protects you from invalid traffic
Google helps protect advertisers from invalid traffic by working to isolate and filter out potentially invalid clicks before they ever reach your account reports. Each click on an AdWords ad is examined by system. Google looks at numerous data points for each click, including the IP address, the time of the click, any duplicate clicks, and various other click patterns. Our system then analyzes these factors to try to isolate and filter out potentially invalid clicks before they ever show up in your account.

Though invalid clicks are not charged by Google, If you are still getting invalid clicks, you also can request an investigation.

http://www.google.com/ads/adtrafficquality/advertisers/click-investigation-request.html