AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Latest campaign has resulted in Suspension - why????

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using adwords for many years and have just submitted a new campaign for a new website www.profneglawyers.co.uk. It was set up and paused whilst we finished the website, on publish, I received an email to say ads were disapproved, Could not tell why, but changed the landing page URL and resubmitted, then the website became suspended! It is a law firm website about professional negligence, what on earth can be wrong with it to be subjected to a suspension? Whatever it is we can make changes, but I have absolutley no idea what might be wrong, can somebody please help as this is beyond frustrating!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Susspension of Lawyers campains

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello JB17;

At first look, I don't see any wrong doing on this site.

I also checked AdWords policy, to verify that legal services are allowed to be advertised in the UK. - It is permitted.

My only guess, is that your campaign was suspended for routine check - a procedure common with new campaigns, sampled routinely, for auditing.

Have you called Google customer service?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hello, JB17. Are you familiar with AdWords' double servin...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello, JB17. Are you familiar with AdWords' double serving policy?

Google doesn't allow advertisers or affiliates to have any of the following:

• Ads across multiple accounts for the same or similar businesses
  • Ads across multiple accounts triggered by the same or similar keywords

A Google search for "2012 Boyes Turner LLP" returns "about" 1750 results, across I don't know how many websites.

A search for "negligence lawyer", in the Ad Preview Tool, targeted at the UK shows a result from www.claims-medneg.co.uk. I hope you did not want the latest site to return a result, on the same page, for www.profneglawyers.co.uk.

Same company, different websites, different accounts. In my opinion, though I'm sorry for the situation in which you find yourself right now, it doesn't get any clearer. One business (Boyes Turner) = one account. More accounts = suspension.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Double serving Policy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Calin;

AAA rating!!

It did not even cross my mind, to think that an advertiser that claims that he has "... been using Adwords for many years....." is "not familiar" with AdWords policy, or would infringe it.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Wait, OP didn't say he was using multiple accounts.   He...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wait, OP didn't say he was using multiple accounts.

He clearly has multiple *domains* for various different types of malpractice.  Is this against the rules, assuming he has just one adwords account?

one account one business

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@jyelon;

Contact us on one doamin: Boyes Turner 
Abbots House 
Abbey Street 
Reading 
RG1 3BD 
United Kingdom

on another domain: 

Boyes Turner 
Abbots House 
Abbey Street 
Reading 
RG1 3BD 
United Kingdom

Advertising Policies

" Google doesn't permit multiple ads from the same or an affiliated company or person to appear on the same results page. We've found that pages with multiple text ads from the same company provide less relevant results and a lower quality experience for users."

"Unless explicitly advised by Google, individuals advertising for themselves or for their own businesses may only have a single AdWords account. However, your account may contain multiple ad groups and ads triggered by the same or similar keywords."

-Moshe

jyelon, the facts, as I understood them, are the followin...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

jyelon, the facts, as I understood them, are the following:

- he has one suspended account (which no longer serves ads), pointing at one website

- there is another account who was still serving ads to the second domain I've listed, when I used the Ad Preview Tool

Doesn't this mean there are at least two accounts, serving ads for the same business, represented online through multiple websites?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Calin - you're right, I failed to put 2 and 2 together.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

We all do; all we have to do is post often enough. Sheer...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

jyelon wrote:

We all do; all we have to do is post often enough. Sheer probabilistics Smiley Happy.

It would be interesting to see, if JB17 returns to commen...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

It would be interesting to see, if JB17 returns to comment after his furious question...