AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Latency for "Ad Preview and Diagnosis" tool?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

After adding a keyword I go to the "Ad Preview and Diagnosis" tool.  My keyword has a quality score of 6/10.  When I try the keyword/search in the Ad Preview tool it responds:

Showing ads right now? No

Your ad isn't showing for this keyword right now. There are a number of reasons why this happens.

But it shows ads from competitors.  Is there some latency at play here?  Do I need to wait some time?

Another time I did this it responded with some actual reasons.  I can't remember for sure what that was.  It wasn't about Quality Score, but something about "Ad Rank".

Anyone one have reasons why ad would not show?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark S
September 2015

Re: Latency for "Ad Preview and Diagnosis" tool?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
No - the "ad preview tool" is a real time reporting. You need to find the reason why the ad is not being shown
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That is exactly what I was asking. Google just responds: "Your ad isn't showing for this keyword right now. There are a number of reasons why this happens." But it doesn't give a reason!!!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Usually the reason is a low ad-rank, due to low QS or due to a low bid.
Start by checking the QS
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
As I state in original post, I have QS 6/10. What is considered "Low"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Work on increasing the CTR (removing low CTR keywords which do not convert) I would be careful using broad match, (only for converting KWs) and raise the bid.