Guide Me
star_border

Large Text Ads Seen On Display Network

F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I create these "large font/ text ads" I continually see across the Display Network, in both banner form as well 350X250 sizes?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author F K
September 2015

Re: Large Text Ads Seen On Display Network

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

FK, I have provided the link to similar kind of ads. Have you gone through that link ?

One way of creating this kind of ads is by placement targeting on display network.  You need to select a placement/s (websites) to run your ads, if your ads wins the auction, then your ads fill an entire ad unit on those placements. At times, even a keyword targeting ads also appear as large ad when the system determines that a larger ad will perform better. These type of ads are called Expanded Text Ad. But, the number of ads shown in a ad unit is automatically determined by system depending on various factors. 

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi FK,

Could you share a screenshot of ads you're referring to?
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi F k,

Welcome to adwords community, In banner you can use any size of text but make sure that file size should not be more than 150 kb.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Are you are asking about this kind of ads ? If so, those are text ads on display network. Text ads appears in blocks in a Ad unit on Display Network. Depending on various factors sometimes one text ad may win full ad unit and it will occupy entire space and display it in large font. You have to set up display campaign and select 'text ads' to create such kind of ads.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi FK,

I have to agree with John Paul on this. If you are seeing Large Text ads on Display Network, they are probably text ads that have won an ad slot in an ad auction which is of a higher dimension, for example a 250*250 display ad unit.

Normally, if you are running text ads on Display network, there is a good possibility that two text ads ( both not your ad texts) will show up in one ad unit that is meant for a Display ad.

When there are no text ads competing in an auction for a Display ad unit, the single ad copy will be retro fitted into the ad slot by increasing/decreasing text size & adapting its over design as per the website/ placement design.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Large_Text_Ad.gif

The Large 350 type box ad is a simple text based ad ( not a graphic image ) and I'm now thinking it must be the font size setting on this particular publishers Ad Sense settings?

F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think you've explained it......but still not 100% sure and have posted a screenshot for everyone to see.

I would love to see more of my text ads presented in this manner, and am wondering what strategies exist for doing so / having a better chance of your text ad being enlarged.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
This is nothing but a text ad (enlarged to match the ad slot) on the display network, as explained here. Unfortunately, we don't have control over how and when text ads are to shown this way. It depends on the ad slot on placement I guess, but there's no strategy to get ads to show this way.
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author F K
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

FK, I have provided the link to similar kind of ads. Have you gone through that link ?

One way of creating this kind of ads is by placement targeting on display network.  You need to select a placement/s (websites) to run your ads, if your ads wins the auction, then your ads fill an entire ad unit on those placements. At times, even a keyword targeting ads also appear as large ad when the system determines that a larger ad will perform better. These type of ads are called Expanded Text Ad. But, the number of ads shown in a ad unit is automatically determined by system depending on various factors. 

F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
F K
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
An excellent explanation Jong Paul - thank you.

As well...for other readers - I read at the link posted that these expanded ads occur "only when buying "CPM on the Display Network".