AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Language Targeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm launching a new campaign targeting investors in Japan on sites in Japanese.

I have set the location and language target both to Japan/Japanese.

The ads, KWs and landing pages are all written in Japanese.

I'm a bit concerned that our KWs will not generate enough traffic.  What's the best way to target these same people on topics of interests, ie finance.  I wasn't sure how to set that up with the language and location targets already in place.

Thanks much,

Liz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Language Targeting

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Liz,

For the search network - I'd suggest having a campaign targeting the language English, with location Japan. This is just to ensure you don't miss out on those audiences.

For the display network (since you objective is to target investors in Japan on Japanese sites) - you can have two campaigns again (for English & Japanese) with the following ad groups.

Ad group1: Keywords (Japanese ones for Japanese campaign & English ones for the English) along with topics.

Ad group 2: Placements (you can pick placements by entering relevant words in the Display Planner and selecting appropriate language).

Ad group3: InMarket audiences (I'd suggest using this targeting only if your target audience is readily available. Selecting the closest option might not fetch relevant traffic.

You can target placements obtained from the display planner initially. However, ad group 1 (keywords+topics) would give you more relevant placements that are more profitable. At that point you can use add them to your managed placements ad group which would allow you to bid specifically on them.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar