Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing pages questions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi People

Forgive me if this question sounds silly but i am trying to get my head round adwords etc

Basically i sell 5 services. To start my ppc campaign i will need a landing page correct? Do i need to create a landing page for each of my services or shall i have just one landing page advertising all 5 services? Which would be more benficial?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing pages questions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jhon,

Thanks for posting a good questionSmiley Happy

Sending the the right audiences to the right page is a key factors for making a campaigns successful.

If you send the traffic to the respective landing page, It helps you to reduce the bounce rate as well as improve the quality score of your campaigns.

It also helps the users a good experince as what the the users are looking and get the same information on the the landing page.

Thus I would suggests create the seperate landing page for each product.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the informative reply. So as i thought this will be a good start, as long as there is relevance in the ad, landing page ad text and keywords i should be ok correct?

If my website loads pretty slow, as in not instant but im using a landing page which will load instantly does this affect my campaign? The angle im coming from is the landing page is the best it can be but the overall website is a bit slower to load does this matter?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Jhon,

-------------------------------------------------

If my website loads pretty slow, as in not instant
but im using a landing page which will load
instantly does this affect my campaign? The
angle im coming from is the landing page is the
best it can be but the overall website is a bit
slower to load does this matter?
------------------------------------------------
If your landing page load time is good then there is no problems with your website. But if you use the website as a landing page and it has slow load time, then it impacts on your Quality Score.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, John

Further to the excelent advice you have received from Rakesh, I would encourage you to use this tool to verify if the landing pages are seen by Google as slow or fast :

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adrian and Rakesh.Thanks so much for the information. I cant believe how easy this was. Hats of to the guys who help others. Appreciated.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to bring this up again.

I can have my landing pages in one of two ways. Quick snappy points describing my service or content written out describing the services in detail. What would you recommend and why?

My understanding is more content, more relevant to the searcher so better quality score? Am i right?

On the other hand, short snappy descriptive bullet points would get the person interested quickly to sign up?

What do you think and what would be a good way to approach this?

What do you suggest for the number of ads and keywords.

I want to try ppc on two products with two landing pages.

How many ads for each landing page? How many key words for each ad or am i on the wrong track?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have added on more questions above and would appreciate a reply.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi John,

-------------------------------------------------
I can have my landing pages in one of two ways.
Quick snappy points describing my service or
content written out describing the services in
detail. What would you recommend and why?
My understanding is more content, more relevant
to the searcher so better quality score? Am i
right?
----------------------------+-------------------

Yes your approach is right as what the users will search, they will get same information on the landing page. In this way you can build a good relevancy with your ads and landing page.

======================================== On the other hand, short snappy descriptive bullet
points would get the person interested quickly to
========================================
There is no thump rule that we can use and yes/no this. but it looks good and users will get the clean and clear content in landing page. You can do test and then you will say it is good or bad.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
What do you suggest for the number of ads and
keywords.
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Based on my little experince I would say 2-3 ads are suffiecent to run the campaigns.
In order to get the keyword list use keyword planner, and select those keywords that best describe your business.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Good morning, John.

Sorry to be late to the party! Firstly, you're offering a personal service - that means your personality's an important element of your service. That needs to shine through everything you do - so make sure you read through your landing pages and check that it sounds like you talking to a customer. In fact the best landing pages I have are ones where I've taken a conversation from memory and with a few tweaks, formed it into a cohesive landing page.

Secondly: when you say "Quick snappy points describing my service or content written out describing the services in detail" - my answer is that you should do neither. People aren't looking for a skilled plumber, they're looking for a bathroom. One they can walk into, turn the taps on and enjoy the pattering of blissfully hot water on their backs as they shower.

You are but a means to that end - so express the benefits of how you as a person would achieve that. Do you put dust cloths down the stairs for example (I know of many who don't). What customer reviews do you have that could support your visitor's understanding that you're trustworthy?

Thirdly, your ads need to express these points too. Split testing them will tell you which one your customers like best, and which approach to take. They are the ones who will choose between bulletpoints and blurb! When you put that question to a marketer, all they'll do is turn around, ask your customers and then tell you what they said ;-)