AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page with internal search engine results, allowed ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If a destination URL for an Ad sends the searcher to an internal search engine with results and this is based on the keyword and those results are different depending on relevance, stock availability, no of positive reviews, price, etc. .the landing page looks differently for users A, B and C who click on the Ad.

Now if the destination URL offers a page with different content during the day for various visitors who click, for the same keyword, is that allowed ? 

For example this could be a destination URL , a search for "tablet" in the internal search engine of amazon.co.uk , it surely returns many different results for various visitors, and each result has an internal search ID

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/279-9870889-8879539?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=t...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page with internal search engine results, allowed ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Adrian,

Yup. This is allowed. I used to do this for one of my clients selling cell phones and accessories in the US.

It worked pretty well for me.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Absolutely it works,

I am sure you are talking about this kind of search result.I am not sure if this is what you are asking about dear.you may relate it.

I will try to attach photo of the result

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Doesn't it conflict with this ? https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en

"Landing pages must deliver the same content to all users and all IPs, from all browsers. "

I think if the stock changes every 15 minutes, the content of the internal search results change also, so the URL does not provide a static content.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

These were the keywords I thought of this time other wise if  we search anything these search engines show results for respective keywords an take us to different content for different keywords.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Hitesh, 

I am talking about the following sequence :

User 1 : types "search term 1" clicks on Ad1 with URL1 with with content1 ( a list of products 1 to 10 based on "search term 1" )

after 5 minutes

User 2 : types "search term 1" clicks on Ad1 with URL1 with content2 ( a list of other  products 11 to 20 based on "search term 1" )

So even if the URL of the Ad is the same, the content changes for users 1 and 2, because let's say now products 1 to 10 are out of stock.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
ok yeah I got it.I thought that can help you.