AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page suggestions required

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am trying to develop a landing page for hotel management software (this is my primary keyword for this ad group), please have a look at the landing page and let me know your suggestions to improve the same.

Note: My primary call to action is 15 Days free trial.

http://goo.gl/AMXyxa

Thanks,

Davis

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Landing page suggestions required

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Davis,

Have you tested this page out? I get the image below, in chrome on windows 8.1. Is it not loading properly?

Landing page forums.PNG

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Clyton ,

I tested in windows 7. It was loading properly. Let me ask my tech team to test it on Windows 8.

I attached the JPEG image for your reference.

Thanks,

Davis26-08-2014_Landing Page-Opt1.jpg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Davis,

Couple of things as per my experience:-

1. You should add some call to actions in the header section of your page. Like Telephone number or some attractive banner which should encourage the users to take action on your page.

2. If possible, you might want to add a Quick Contact Form to generate more leads for your software.

3. If Live chat option is available, you might want to try that on your landing page.

Relevant and unique content is of course the key to a successful landing page.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davis,

Couple of things that come to mind. I notice from your screen shot (not able to view the page for some reason) that your header banner rotates, 3 images I believe. I would suggest just using one static image and possibly testing the three on seperate landing pages to see which one performs better.

Your heading is a question, I am assuming to ensure message match and congruency from your ad. But your ad should have segmented your audience already. Perhaps use avalue proposition here. Tell the user what they getting in simple terms, what problem are you solving? make this obvious from the get go.

I can not see where your fold is, so little from this aspect.

I disagree with pankaj about adding additional Conversions, your focus is getting people to start the trial. Adding other conversion points is only going to dilute your focus and send mixed messages. Landing pages need to be focused on a single purpose and everything should be there to enforce that conversion point.

That being said I would even consider ditching the 'read case studies' buttons. unless this is a pop up these are leaks that lead to pages that are not conversion orientated. Perhaps summarise the case study in that space, something along the lines of an abstract rather than allowing the user to disappear into your page with no way back to the conversion point.

'try for free' is a nice CTA on your button but test other options, perhaps more descriptive options such as 'download your free trial' or something to that effect, I would also consider moving your first CTA further down or getting rid of it all together. You are asking them to try your software before they even know what it is or does.

scan your page and see if you can tell what your product is and does just from headlines and obvious text. If it is not apparent, consider rewording your headlines and focus points, avoid buzz words and meaningless phrases. But specific and simple.

There are numerous things that can be said, but at the end of the day the best advice I can give is simply to ALWAYS BE TESTING. Never have only one version of your landing page running and test everything. There are best practices but as a simple google search will show you there are tons of situations and cases where best practices do not work. The only way to know is test test test.

Good Luck

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Clynton M wrote:

I disagree with pankaj about adding additional Conversions, your focus is getting people to start the trial. Adding other conversion points is only going to dilute your focus and send mixed messages. Landing pages need to be focused on a single purpose and everything should be there to enforce that conversion point.

@Clynton M I agree to disagree on this point Smiley Happy

Giving your Phone Number or adding a Quick contact form on the landing page is meant to provide additional point of contact for your users. Thinking of a situation where the user is confused about why he should opt in for the Trial version and have some questions in mind before going for it, there is no single point of contact available, which might be giving the competitors a little edge. On top it, the header looks completely blank apart from social media icons. The point here is not about sending Mixed Messages, but rather how convenient your landing page is and how easily customers can reach out to you in case they have some doubts before taking action. That's what I believe.

@Davis, AdWords is all about experimentation and you are the only one who better understands your business model compared to everyone else.

We can give you tons of suggestions, but the fact is that you are the one who is going to try to implement them individually and understand how various Call to actions or different parts of your landing page send message to your users.

You can set up various Content Experiments and try different versions of single page to measure the effectiveness of your landing page. More details around this can be found here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745152?hl=en

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1. You should add some call to actions in the header section of your page. Like Telephone number or some attractive banner which should encourage the users to take action on your page.

- The phone no that we currently use for the business is US based no. As far I have interacted with my sales team, South American countries doesn't prefer US phone no to call (My target being Argentina for the landing page and I would translate the landing page in Spanish). But I would take your suggestion of the banner to be more attractive.

2. If possible, you might want to add a Quick Contact Form to generate more leads for your software.

- Yes, I am testing a quick contact form with another landing page.

3. If Live chat option is available, you might want to try that on your landing page.

- Again the live chat program support we provide is in English, the target market prefer Spanish. So I thought it would be not appropriate to add Live Chat.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Davis

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Clynton,

Thanks for you feedback and suggestions.

Below are my observations:

Couple of things that come to mind. I notice from your screen shot (not able to view the page for some reason) that your header banner rotates, 3 images I believe. I would suggest just using one static image and possibly testing the three on seperate landing pages to see which one performs better.

- Firstly I wanted to clarify that my whole header banner doesn't rotate completely. The question part remains static but partly the right hand side of the banner alone rotates talking about the special features of the product. I did this intentially thinking that it would create attention to the visitor and read the special features about our product. I want you to re-think on this aspect and let me know your suggestions for the same.

But I take your suggestion to test on three separate landing pages.

Your heading is a question, I am assuming to ensure message match and congruency from your ad. But your ad should have segmented your audience already. Perhaps use avalue proposition here. Tell the user what they getting in simple terms, what problem are you solving? make this obvious from the get go.
- I would try to use a value proposition here.

I can not see where your fold is, so little from this aspect.

- Can you please be a little more specific on this? I didn't understand.

That being said I would even consider ditching the 'read case studies' buttons. unless this is a pop up these are leaks that lead to pages that are not conversion orientated. Perhaps summarise the case study in that space, something along the lines of an abstract rather than allowing the user to disappear into your page with no way back to the conversion point.

- I take your point on case studies which are not conversion orientated. I would summarise the case studies in that space.

'try for free' is a nice CTA on your button but test other options, perhaps more descriptive options such as 'download your free trial' or something to that effect, I would also consider moving your first CTA further down or getting rid of it all together. You are asking them to try your software before they even know what it is or does.

- This point is also taken.

scan your page and see if you can tell what your product is and does just from headlines and obvious text. If it is not apparent, consider rewording your headlines and focus points, avoid buzz words and meaningless phrases. But specific and simple.

- Are you talking about the content in the head banner here? If so, I agree with what the product is and does, but creating buzz words doesn't make the visitor to engage more and look for more information below.

Thanks again for all the feedback's and suggestions.

Let me know your thoughts on the above.

Thanks,

Davis

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Davis,

With regard to your questions above:

The fold, that simply refers to what is visible on the screen (above the fold) and what information is only available once you scroll down (below the fold). There are a number of aspects that need to be visible above the fold, with below the fold being more for additional information and the like. That is all I was referring to there.

With respect to the scanning of the page it is a nice little test that is easy to perform. Simply just scan the page and see what sentences/points of information jump out at you. You need to ensure that this is as informative as possible. Avoid jargon and things like meaningless tautologies. You should be able to identify what your product is, what it does and how it benefits me through the scan. Finding catchy headlines and phrases to entice the user to read more is not suggested. Make it simple, clean and easy to understand. people do not want to work to convert or understand so make it easy.

But as with all landing pages, there is a ton of information out there and best practices to follow. While these best practices are a good place to start they are by no means the be all and all. Always be testing as you may be surprised with the results as on occasion the suggested best practice may be hurting your conversions. So I can not stress this enough: ALWAYS be testing.

Good Luck

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton,

Thanks for the suggestions. It was useful. Testing is the key to landing pages Smiley Happy

Davis