Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page experience below average

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have a question about landing page experience: below average.

I have a QS of 8/10 for keyword: [explainer video company] but for the keywords "explainer video" and [explainer video] I only have a QS of 5/10 and the landing page experience is below average. Why is the QS lower for "explainer video"/[explainer video] when explainer video forms part of the keyword explainer video company, which has has a QS of 8/10 and landing page experience of "above average"?

I hope my question makes sense!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darragh G
September 2015

Re: Landing page experience below average

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Darragh G

I think the QS might be low because

1. Keyword Meaning (Intent) for users [explainer video company] & [explainer video] are different and Google Is evaluating both the keywords from the point of view of "Users Intent".
For eg: If I want to check out videos,I may type [explainer video] but I will type [explainer video company] only when I am searching for a company who makes explainer videos.

2.Your landing page may have more information about your company,which is relevant to your ad text and keyword [explainer video company].

For improving QS for keywords [explainer video],you can always try to create another landing page which can be like a library of all explainer videos available,It might help to improve the landing page experience.

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Darragh G
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Darragh G

I think the QS might be low because

1. Keyword Meaning (Intent) for users [explainer video company] & [explainer video] are different and Google Is evaluating both the keywords from the point of view of "Users Intent".
For eg: If I want to check out videos,I may type [explainer video] but I will type [explainer video company] only when I am searching for a company who makes explainer videos.

2.Your landing page may have more information about your company,which is relevant to your ad text and keyword [explainer video company].

For improving QS for keywords [explainer video],you can always try to create another landing page which can be like a library of all explainer videos available,It might help to improve the landing page experience.

Thanks
Aritra Mukherjee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. That makes perfect sense.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
HI Darragh G,

Welcome to the forum,

In addition to the Aritra's suggestion i would like to add few points here:

Google measures the Landing page experience based on the customers experience who click your ad and land on your website. Google considers too many factors while deciding the landing page experience like:
Is your landing page clear and useful to customers?
Is your landing page related to your keyword and what customers are searching for?

So you have to be careful while deciding the keywords & also keyword match type. Because keyword in "Phrase Match"/Broad/BMM will trigger your ad for so many irrelevant searches.For example in your case for the keyword "explainer video" can trigger your ad for the search "how to create explainer video" which is not relevant to your landing page.As a result your bounce rate will increase which Google may also consider to measure the landing page experience.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

A number of points to remember her:

• QS is relative to other advertisers.  There are fields / areas  in which it's very hard to have a CTR (which is the major component of QS)  above the average.
  • Taking about CTR: CTR is a THE factor/ component in calculating QS. Work on your CTR. (The usual stuff: match type, ad-copy...)

And finally, since QS scale is not linear, there is not much difference between QS=8 and QS+10. Actually, I rarely see 8, and haven't seen 9 for a very long time...)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have a ecommerce site that currently using Adwords, I believe most of my landing pages are below average (but overall they still at 6/10), I was wondering if using category pages (with friendly URLs) as landing pages would be the problem? thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You should use the most specialized page (the one that is the closest related to your ad) as landing page.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I experience the same, is the landing page of the 3 variations (3 different KY)  the same ? 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’