AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing page and the inquiry/conversion page on two different URLs

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just wanted to get some clarity on a scenario. One of our clients is interested in a PPC campaign where the landing page and the inquiry/conversion page lie on two different sites. Example, the PPC’s targeted landing page is at http://www.ABCD.ae/, while the inquiry/conversion form is located at www.ACB-premier.com/register-account.aspx.

I just need Google policies/recommendations regarding this technique, and would appreciate some clarity on how I would be able to track the conversions if this scenario is implemented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Landing page and the inquiry/conversion page on two different URLs

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Your 1st question is about policy, I think you should refer to article on Bridge Pages for more info on that. 

About tracking conversions, If your landing page is on domain1.com and your thankyou page (where your conversion code is placed is on domain2.com that wont be a problem at all. Your conversions will get tracked within timespan of 30 days regardless of domains

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI 

Your 1st question is about policy, I think you should refer to article on Bridge Pages for more info on that. 

About tracking conversions, If your landing page is on domain1.com and your thankyou page (where your conversion code is placed is on domain2.com that wont be a problem at all. Your conversions will get tracked within timespan of 30 days regardless of domains

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nik,

My client's .ae website is not just a page it's a complete website with all information. I am just concerd with their apply now form, when a visitor clicks on apply now, a form poped up in IFRAME which is on their another .com domain.

I just need clarity on this technique.

Thanks for your help.