AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Form Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick landing page question. We send traffic through AdWords and other paid channels to several specific landing pages. It has been suggested on one of these pages, which is actually a content article that we promote, to add a second submission form on to the page, which would be identical to the first form. To paint the full picture, one form would be on the right-side column and the other would be on the bottom. The reasoning is that there's a decent amount of content on this particular page and the users may not see the form if they read the whole article. 

I haven't really found anything on this, but would love to hear some thoughts on this. Is this against best practices (i.e. duplicate content on one page)? If so, are there any other suggestions that could work besides making the first form "sticky?" 

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason K
March 2016

Re: Landing Page Form Question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Jason K

I don't see any issues with what you have described. I think what you've done is better than a sticky form, which is a distraction in my opinion.  It sounds like the reasoning for what you have done is based on making a good user experience, so you should be okay here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason K
March 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Jason K

I don't see any issues with what you have described. I think what you've done is better than a sticky form, which is a distraction in my opinion.  It sounds like the reasoning for what you have done is based on making a good user experience, so you should be okay here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K;

This is a common practice. But since the change (i.e. adding another form)  affects the overall design  and appearance of the page, I would first test user engagement on the page, and whether users really fill in this "bottom form". There are 3rd party tools which will help you to track user engagement on the page.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’