2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Landing Page Evaluation by Google: Part - 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating seperate landing pages for each of my keywords.  While the landing pages are not exactly the same they are similar.  How does Google view these landing pages?  Will they be considered duplicate content?  The url's are unique, there are no links to these LP's from the site.  The LP's are only used in my Adwords campaigns.

If I put a no index/meta tag, will Google Adwords still be able to check for QS?

Help please...

Thanks,

Gayle

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author infotech10
September 2015

Re: Landing Page Evaluation by Google: Part - 1

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Dave.  I really appreciate the information.  Have a great holiday season!

Gayle

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gayle,
You pretty much nailed it.

Adding a meta robots noindex tag is a good idea (in case someone DOES link to your landing pages externally).

Other than that, there's nothing really that you need to do.AdWords and regular search are completely independent.

The quality score can still be checked as long as you don't completely exclude it from accessing your pages so be careful with that one too.

I wrote an article about this a long time ago so if you want to be extra careful and exclude all bots but the quality score bot from your landers, please follow these tips:

http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/fear-the-bots-for-your-quality-score-sanity/
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Dave.  I really appreciate the information.  Have a great holiday season!

Gayle

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor