2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords won't load

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to set up adwords for the first time and cannot get the keywords list to load at all. I've tried different devices and different browsers and it won't come up. Everything else on the page works fine.

Every time I come to it there is a red error message at the top and I've tried refreshing and logging out as suggested but no different.

Any help appreciated please

1 Expert replyverified_user

Keywords won't load

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Beth O,

Could you specify what your campaign type is? Also could you post a snip clearly showing the issue and the red warning?

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Keywords won't load

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure what the campaign type is, I literally just started setting it up linking from AdWords options on login.

I've tried to screenshot the problems below.

Thanks for your reply.

error message.jpgkeyword load.jpg

Keywords won't load

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Beth O,

One thought is that you perhaps did not specify a daily budget whereupon the red error message comes up and does not let you go further. A second option may be that you entered the keywords okay and tried to save them but the circle in the middle keeps revolving on and on which may be caused by connection issues.

I am sorry but I could not read the text in the red strip due to bad eyes.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Keywords won't load

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the red error message

There was an error with your operation. If you were trying to make a change, it may not have saved.

Please refresh this page to try again.
Please sign in to AdWords again.

If the error continues, log out of your AdWords account, then log in again and return to this page.

[ Dismiss ]

I've tried refreshing and logging out, using IE and Firefox on two computers, IE and Chrome on my phone.
I haven't managed to add any keywords, that section just won't load. Everything else on that screen is complete.
My husband wondered if it could be to do with our firewall settings but I've tried on my phone on mobile data and still the same.

I think I will see if I can delete the account and start it again.

Keywords won't load

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sounds a great idea. Perhaps it proves enough to cancel the campaign first and start it again. At my end, IE does not work at all with AdWords, and I also had some issues with Firefox though I can't recall them exactly. I have been working using Chrome for quite a number of months now and that's flawless. Would advise you to download its latest version. Worth a try.

Cheers,

Lakatos

Keywords won't load

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Downloaded Chrome and it is working! Ad pending review now. Thank you.