Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I have many adwords campaigns but not getting results as desired. I know there may be some other reasons also but I want to start with the most relevant and low competition and low cost keywords. So I need to know that which keyword tools are best to use for PPC advertising and SEO.

Please advice.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords tool

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello palak,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

There are many tools available online which can give you immense amount of data to look upon. But before you dig into that, you need to first understand what goals you have in mind which need to be accomplished. Generally what I do before starting with an Adwords account is to take a pen and paper or a spread sheet, brainstorming and writing down all the key phrases which I have in my mind. This gives me idea of what I am aiming for.

Without using any 3rd party tool, I prefer Adwords keyword tool which provides you with good data to analyze in terms of competition, popularity, monthly searches etc...Good estimates are provided with Traffic Estimator Tool indicating a rough idea of how much traffic you might achieve. But remember, the tools are only tools and don't expect the numbers to match exactly similar to when you make them live.

You said you want to target low cost keywords, but the fact is that originally you will have to start with the keywords at little higher cost and once you pick up the pace, your cost will gradually move down depending upon how you optimize your account. You can read this article for more insights on how to build good keyword list.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply!

I am using Google adwords keyword tool and traffis estimator currently. But I came to know about many keywords tools that may provide us good keywords like wordtracker, spyfu, wordstream, SEMrush and so on...

Can you please tell me is it worthful to use the keyword tools other than Google's keyword tool? If yes, than which keyword tool is useful to purchase?

I want to target best keywords for my clients and giving them best traffic and conversions.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As I said earlier, personally I don't use any 3rd party tools much because in order to get the best keywords list, Google's tools (keyword tool and traffic estimator) are more than enough Smiley Happy

Make sure that you target precise keywords and not get involve in a very big list of keywords. It's not the quantity which matters here, but the quality. Hence mix and match of various keywords along with their match types should work in a right direction.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello palak; welcome

I am with Pankaj on this. I also prefer the keyword tool. The traffic estimator, as its name implies, is an estimate with its margin of error.

If you want to see the raw data, and draw conclusions by yourself (e.g how low is your bid compared to other advertisers, do you use high e competition keywords...etc. ..), - then use the keyword tool.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, i too prefer Google Adwords Keyword Tool since the search volume and approx cpc are more over accurate.

But other 3rd party are mainly for spying the other competitors.

I don't prefer using Traffic Estimator as its not as accurate.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. Thanks for your reply guys.....Smiley Happy

Well, I do agrre that Google keyword tool is good but just wanted to make sure whether we can use other keywords tools for targeting more keywords that might we can't get in google keyword tool.....

I have one more query with regards to yahoo search advertising and MSN adcenter. Like Google adwords, are these two platforms also having umbrella account as MCC?

Can anyone please provide me complete guideline tutorial or any vidoes to learn more about them. I want to start advertising on yahoo and MSN.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello Palak,

For MSN or Yahoo, I would advise you to ask this in the forums related to those advertising platforms. You are most welcome to ask anything related to Adwords here Smiley Happy

Pankaj