AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords in English + Copy text in Urdu - Help please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello guys,

I'm setting an ad words campaign targeting Pakistan. I already know that the keywords that I am going to use (and that I also know my audience uses frequently) are in English. However, I want the copy text to be in Urdu. Is this possible? Can I put keyword and copy text in different languages? 

Thanks so much,

Catarina 

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords in English + Copy text in Urdu - Help please

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Catarina,

It is possible to use English keywords alongside Urdu ad text but there is a good chance your quality score is going to be effected in a negative way. One factor of quality score is determined by how relevant your keywords, ad text and landing page content are; if you are using English keywords and Urdu ad descriptions then you can imagine that Google are going to view the relevancy to be very low. This might result in your quality scores being lower than they should be and therefore increase your average CPC, lower ad positions, etc.

How about you make one English language campaign and one Urdu language campaign? You will be able to keep the same geographical targeting and there will be no keyword conflict as the keywords are in different languages meaning they won't compete against one another.

Kind regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Scott,

Thanks for the quick answer. 

My main problem is that a great part of our audience acesses our website through mobile, therefore not having the keys to write the keywords in Urdu ... !

Thanks,

Catarina 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah okay... that's trickier then. 

I hate to say it but you will have to risk the reduced quality score then and work on improving it as soon as you set the ads live. Concentrate on obtaining a good average CTR and you will start to see improvements over time. 

Someone else in the community might have a good suggestion for you also.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey ScottyD.,

Thanks again! What do you think of this:

- Keywords in English

- Copy text in both English and Urdu

- Landing page in Urdu with English names in brackets. 

Do you think it would solve our quality score problem? 

Thanks!

Catarina 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Catarina,

It definitely sounds like it could address the problem as best as possible. You can include both language ad variations and after a while review whether it's worth keeping the English ads, if they are too costly without generating sales then I would suggest removing them rather than keeping them just for the sake of the quality score. You also have to monitor the average CTR on the English ads, if they are less likely to be clicked on as you anticipate then you will need to delete them if the CTR falls too low, it would defeat the purpose of including them in the campaign if their low CTR negatively impacts the quality score.

I would also be careful as not to damage the appeal of your landing page to the Urdu readers by including English names, you have to try and get a balance.

Just closely monitor your statistics and performance with whatever you decide to do!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey ScottyD.

Sorry for the spam Smiley Happy 

Maybe I didn't explain myself well. By "Copy text in both Urdu and English" I don't mean two ads in two different languages, but the same text with both languages. 

Catarina 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Catarina,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, do you mean that you will use a description line within each ad for both languages? So it would be:

Ad Title

English text description

Urdu text description

Display URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Scotty, 

More or less. 

Ad Title 

Urdu text description with some words in English as well

Display URL

What we promote does not have a clear translation in Urdu. We are a website/organization that promotes sexual health. 

Catarina 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi,

In addition to above useful suggestion, i think u can create two seperate campaigns on the basis of Device Targeting.

1) For Computers only: Add seperate adgroups for English & Urdu language. this way the quality score of the campaign will not effect. For English Language adgroups keep keywords and adocpies in English only & For Urdu language keep keywords and adcopies in Urdu only.

Keep Language targeting to both English & Urdu.

(OR)

you can create two different campaigns as Scott suggested for English & Urdu.

2) Prepare seperate campaign taregting only to mobile devices with Langauge targeting to English & Urdu

In mobile campaign keep keywords in English & Adocpies in English + Urdu & Landing Page that gives you a option to translate page to Urdu or with english caption.

This is indeed a tricky question. Smiley Happy

Hope it Helps!

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’