AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords added after few days delay - campaign "refuses" to run?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Situation: campaign A was running ok. Then paused. Then deleted. 

Campaign B is created. Exact clone of campaign A. EXCEPT kws (still same kws) were added to the campaign 4 days later after campaign and its ads creation date. 

Week passed, not a single impression. Do I need to give AdWords a signal - hey I finally got keywords for you, RUN Smiley Happy

Thanks!

D

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Try bumping up the bids a little.  Sometimes that triggers it to start running again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

AdGroups bids or KW bids?

Re: Keywords added after few days delay - campaign "refuses" to run?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello @Adwords C;

What you did was taking the system out of its steady state. AdWords behaves like many systems in nature which diverge once taken out of  a steady state (i.e. All metrics / variables  kept constant  within a narrow margin). Pausing a campaign should be done gradually or by setting an end date (i.e. Letting the system "know", in advance, about a planned  stop)

Now, bringing the system back goes through a transition period until stabilization at  a new steady state. Typically, the new steady state will be at a a higher CPC.

PS: please edit your user name and avoid Google's proprietary brand names.- Thanks

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

How long is this transition period? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

You can also try changing the match types on a few keywords, if they are on Exact and not bringing in any traffic I'd recommend Phrase or even Broad Match Modifier to start gaining more impressions. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Dmitry P;

Hard to say - could take days or weeks to reach a new steady state.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’