Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Bounce rate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

My webpage is service is a domestic service like electrician and plumbing service.on the desktop normally people will use the phone to call me.

1) on the desktop normally domestic service only display number and they only call me by looking at the number and close the browser. this will increase my bounce rate? Do you guys have common issue any solution to share??

2) I am using goolge ads words and there is minimal 150 to 200 invalid click daily I guess that my competitor, will that increase the bounce rate?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arthur T
August 2016

Re: Keywords Bounce rate

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Arthur T bounce rate is a really important metric, but you've got to be careful when drawing conclusions from the raw figures.  Since a "bounce" is anyone that visits only the page they land upon, it may seem obvious that a high bounce rate is bad (you want people to look all over your site, right?) but if all they want is your telephone number, and they land on a page that displays it, their visit could be a bounce but it'd also be one that completely satisfied the visitor (and led to a sale for you!).  In your particular case then, yes, people seeing your one page showing your phone number, making a note of it and leaving will increase your bounce rate, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing.

So, when looking at bounce rate you've got to think about whether - and how much - it matters if the visitor only sees one page and you've got to check the figures based upon different landing pages.

As for the invalid clicks, these will affect your bounce rate as well.  Analytics doesn't filter invalid click activity.  See here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Arthur T
August 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Arthur T bounce rate is a really important metric, but you've got to be careful when drawing conclusions from the raw figures.  Since a "bounce" is anyone that visits only the page they land upon, it may seem obvious that a high bounce rate is bad (you want people to look all over your site, right?) but if all they want is your telephone number, and they land on a page that displays it, their visit could be a bounce but it'd also be one that completely satisfied the visitor (and led to a sale for you!).  In your particular case then, yes, people seeing your one page showing your phone number, making a note of it and leaving will increase your bounce rate, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing.

So, when looking at bounce rate you've got to think about whether - and how much - it matters if the visitor only sees one page and you've got to check the figures based upon different landing pages.

As for the invalid clicks, these will affect your bounce rate as well.  Analytics doesn't filter invalid click activity.  See here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034383?hl=en

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you !!!! Jon. You have switch on the light for me. I am surprise on your response time. Thanks you again. But I have one more question:

Can I tell goolge Search Console to ignore the Ads words landing page data as the bounce rate is extreme irrelevant due to invalid click?

My objective is to save my SEO on my homepage.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Arthur T I'm not an expert in Search Console so can't really answer that question, though I'd suspect Google are aware of the variation in bounce rates and how they are not always a bad thing.  I'd imagine other factors about your site are likely to have a bigger impact on SEO than bounce rate.

Jon