AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I am new to this community. My query is as under:

Q: How to know how much my competitors are bidding for the keywords I am using in my campaign. I would like to know where to go in AdWords interface to check this out. E.g. If I am bidding $2.0 for a keyword like "Wooden Chairs", I would like to know how much my competitors are bidding for the same keyword and where to find that in AdWords interface. Kindly help asap.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Keywords Bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Samir,

There's no upfront info as such related to this inside the interface. What you can get at the top level is the Auction Insights Report and see different competitive metrics in terms of other advertisers. Here are more details around that:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

I would encourage you to view this video by Google's Economist Hal Varian where he explains in detail how the ad auction works and how ads are ranked in order. This would help you understand the ad rank insights:-

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Samir,

There's no upfront info as such related to this inside the interface. What you can get at the top level is the Auction Insights Report and see different competitive metrics in terms of other advertisers. Here are more details around that:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2579754?hl=en

I would encourage you to view this video by Google's Economist Hal Varian where he explains in detail how the ad auction works and how ads are ranked in order. This would help you understand the ad rank insights:-

I hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Samir,

You can get a good idea of keyword costs by using the AdWords Keyword Planner tool:

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 10.29.19 PM.png

Once you are in that screen, use the tool under "Plan your budget and get forecasts"

From there, you can input your search queries and AdWords will present you with bid data.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 10.30.20 PM.pngEnter your keywords, set your parameters for targeting, and click on "Get forecasts". You'll be shown a screen with a slider that will tell you how much search queries will cost.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Keywords Planner tool but that gives me avg. bid cost and search volumes. What I am asking is something different. I need to know exactly for each of my keywords how much my competitors are bidding. Is there any option for it on AdWords interface. Whats this auctions insights report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's difficult to get exact costs because AdWords works as an auction. As far as I know, there is not tool that can give this information to you within the AdWords platform.

You may be able to find these kinds of insights with a tool like SEMrush.

The keyword planner is the best tool to use within the AdWords platform to see what your competitors are bidding because it tells you how much it would cost you to receive a certain volume of clicks. This information is based on what others are willing to bid on those keywords.

The Auctions Insights report is where you can find out how your campaigns compare to competitor campaigns. This information becomes available as your campaign is running, so it's after you have begun to spend money.