AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Bidding and Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

I have list of keywords for my campaign to run and amn't using fixed budget (I mean whenever my budget get exhausted, I refill it).

What I would like to know here is how to make keywords based budget (I mean I should run my campaign full day without any budget constraint)

How to plan my budget according to my list of keywords and I should also ensure that my ads are placing in the first page bid.

Please clarify

Thanks and Regards.

Vishwa.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keywords Bidding and Budget

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning - 

In addition to Moshe's good words, let me add that spending money should not be the purpose of your AdWords campaign. Smiley Happy 

That is, instead of focusing on what you're spending, focus on the results you want to get. The amount of search traffic that exists to be matched to your keywords is going to vary every day. How much of that traffic your ads serve depends on the competition for the ad space and the quality of your offering--your ad rank. It's not necessary to serve all of the available traffic (and few advertisers can afford to). What matters is that you get a good return on the traffic you do serve. 

More specifically, if you visit the Opportunites tab of your account, any budget suggestions that the AdWords program might have for you will be displayed there. 

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello vishwasaibaba;

I definitely, wound not recommended to continue "pouring money" into a campaign budget with no control.

Check this article about setting your keywords properly:

How to build the best keyword list

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Good morning - 

In addition to Moshe's good words, let me add that spending money should not be the purpose of your AdWords campaign. Smiley Happy 

That is, instead of focusing on what you're spending, focus on the results you want to get. The amount of search traffic that exists to be matched to your keywords is going to vary every day. How much of that traffic your ads serve depends on the competition for the ad space and the quality of your offering--your ad rank. It's not necessary to serve all of the available traffic (and few advertisers can afford to). What matters is that you get a good return on the traffic you do serve. 

More specifically, if you visit the Opportunites tab of your account, any budget suggestions that the AdWords program might have for you will be displayed there. 

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*