AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

{Keyword:}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey All, 

I am running an advert using {KeyWord}. Unfortunately a competitor has registered a very common term in in our industry as a trademark. I am obviously allowed to use the words of his trademark as keywords but he has claimed that I am not allowed to use the 3 words together in any of my adverts.

The problem is arising whenever I use {KeyWord} in my advert. Whenever he types in his trademark it displays one of my adverts with his "trademark" on it - is there a way to run {Keyword} in an advert but exclude it displaying his particular 3 word trademark?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: {Keyword:}

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

Separate his trademarks into a separate ad group and use static ad copy. If his trademarks are not available as keywords within the ad group where you're using DKI, there is no way it can be dynamically inserted into the ads.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: {Keyword:}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great,

Thanks Tommy, much appreciated!