AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword wording

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I am new to Goggle adwords and have two quick questions

1. What does the "OPT" following keywords stand for?

2. Also I have been reviewing numerous videos and articles in an attempt to become comfortable with using and navigating through the website however I find the overload of information to be a bit overwhelming. Can anyone recommend a helpful resource(s) that may help me better adjust and become more efficient with using this tool?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thank you 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

a step by step guide for beginners

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lohaire and welcome to Adwords

This is a nice question I am asked often;

My recommendation is to start with "learn with Google"- Adwords which is a step by step guide for beginners:

But, since you have already covered much of the material, I would use it just as a workflow. On any topic you are not feeling comfortable with, or need to learn more, I would go to our wiki article section and read the relevant articles. In this wiki section (on the upper navigation bar), we covered almost any topic from the advertiser perspective.

-Moshe

[Edited]: this editor was "under a bug mood" for some time. Hopefully the links came out OK. If not let me know.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

a step by step guide for beginners

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello lohaire and welcome to Adwords

This is a nice question I am asked often;

My recommendation is to start with "learn with Google"- Adwords which is a step by step guide for beginners:

But, since you have already covered much of the material, I would use it just as a workflow. On any topic you are not feeling comfortable with, or need to learn more, I would go to our wiki article section and read the relevant articles. In this wiki section (on the upper navigation bar), we covered almost any topic from the advertiser perspective.

-Moshe

[Edited]: this editor was "under a bug mood" for some time. Hopefully the links came out OK. If not let me know.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’