5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword with destination

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to run my campaign for my website development company, i have made campaign with target location.  

If i make keyword with city name then, then it will be useful or not..

Ex: I am using keyword like "website designing company in Delhi".

Re: Keyword with destination

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mintu,

It was actually officially stated that you do not *need* to include city/country names in your keyword targeting if you've already set location targeting. HOWEVER, you may want to take advantage of these keywords just like you would with any other keywords: because they're relevant and receive traffic. However, is it necessary to include them so that you can target users in that location? No. (as long as you've set location targeting in your campaign settings).

Hope that helps. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mintu,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

Adding locations with keywords is a good idea. But however, I suggest using Location Level Targeting you can control the bidding more effectively rather than adding location names and having separate campaigns for each locations. 

If you add keyword with broad match modifiers like +web +design +company and add Delhi, Kolkata, Haryana as the target even if the customer searches for web designing in delhi or kolkata , your ad will appear.

Read more about Setting Bid Adjustments at various levels.

To add Locations to your campaign, go to Settings > Locations > Add Locations. If you focus more on particular location, you can increase the bidding level in percentage.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mintu,

To answer your question, actually i would do both and let me explain to you. You can have one campaign that will use your keywords combine with the geographical locations and that will only need to be targeted at the country level since you do have the (service + city) combination in it. The second campaign will use more generic term regarding your service but will be narrow to your specific city. This way you will catch a larger targeted audience for your product. Also, don't forget to add negative keywords to improve your campaign performance.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Mintu,
As other have stated it is not an necessity to had the Location Keyword as part of your Keyword Match Terms.  However Julien's suggestion is one I would go with as well.
With any business advertisement the goal is Sales, ROI and making a profit. There are truly no true websites, accounts, competition levels that are exactly the same.
I would start out with a set up that allows you to maximize your exposure at the least amount of cost, and let the data help you determine what is in your best interest.   In most marketing or Adwords accounts, there is always a "sweet spot" where you are achieving a good CTR, getting conversions at a price you can afford to maximize your profitability.    
To find that spot you have to test different landing pages, different ad copies, different keyword match types, different Ad Rank positions etc
Remember also to make sure you have a UPS - Unique Selling Proposition that sets you apart from your competition and can be clearly defined in your Ad copy and landing pages.
The moral of this story is to test different options and let the data determine the best course of action based on your parameters, budgets, competition etc.   What works a for A may not work for B. It's up to you to analyze your data to find that "sweet spot" that works for your situation.
Hope that helps and Kudo's to Julien H for added information.
Eric G.

Julien H wrote:
Hi Mintu,

To answer your question, actually i would do both and let me explain to you. You can have one campaign that will use your keywords combine with the geographical locations and that will only need to be targeted at the country level since you do have the (service + city) combination in it. The second campaign will use more generic term regarding your service but will be narrow to your specific city. This way you will catch a larger targeted audience for your product. Also, don't forget to add negative keywords to improve your campaign performance.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Mintu,

If you made such keywords with destination name it would be helpful in bringing more relevant user to your website, plus people searching in from other location would be able to see your ad, if there search intend for specific city.