2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword tool not working properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I have set up an ad campaign for my new youtube channel and am wanting to use the keyword planner tool. But when i type in the keywords all i am getting is 1M - 10M and the like. This isn't right is it?

Here are some screenshote i have set the ad campaign up:

FireShot Capture 1 - Campaign Management – Google AdWo_ - https___adwords.google.com_cm_CampaignMgmt.png

And here is the screen i get when i type in my keywords:

FireShot Capture 2 - Keyword Planner – Google A_ - https___adwords.google.com_ko_KeywordPlanner_Home.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

It seems like the keywords you have chosen are very broad.

Like it says, the planner tool has grouped them together because there is alot of 'almost the same' keyword.

That is the reason you are getting the interval of monthly searches.

Also, i believe that google has recently changed their keyword tool, so you wont get statistics for an exact match, but more for that 'query'.

I hope this makes sense? otherwise i will be able to answer more questions.

Have a nice day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi thanks for the response, the keywords i put in were just a random list i have that i did for the purposes of taking a screenshot. The message that is confusing me is the:

"This page shows ranges for search volumes. For a more detailed view, set up and run a campaign."

Yet i have a campaign, right? I have used the keyword tool before and it was a lot more detailed in it's results than this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. 

Did you try some more specific keywords?

I believe that google changed the tool a while back, so it was less detailed. However, when i use the tool i still get exact numbers like 10, og 70. But that is for very specific terms.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, i have tried specific too but i still get the 100K - 1M result, not too bad but pretty wide range, the tool used to be a lot more in depth than it seems to be now. It is now saying i have used my daily page views and to check again in 24 hours. So will see if i have better results then.

Re: Keyword tool not working properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is strange.

I have made the exact same search, and i get the right data.

I am sorry i cant be of more help, but i hope someone else might contribute to finding a solution for you Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No problem i appreciate you trying to help

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

It seems like you are using an account which is recently created and doesn't have significant spent in it. Google made a change few months back, which restricted the recently created accounts, with low or no spent, from getting the exact count of searches for keywords in the planner. Try using an account which has a significant spent in it and you will get the exact count of searches.

Hope this helps!

Pranay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems to have sorted itself out now, I have no idea what solved the issue but it is back to normal. Thanks for the help.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Since August 2016 there is a threshold in spending / budget to meet  for an average value /  figure to be shown. In accounts with a spend which doesn't meet the threshold, an estimated range  is shown

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’