2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword tool broken

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the keyword tool? I've submitted tickets already but it has been broken for weeks at this point and I've not received any replies about this issue. Basically, I can't select or export keywords because clicking the check boxes randomly causes the page to reload and I loose all my work. Here is a screen capture of what the issue looks like. http://screencast.com/t/vPWop84GX

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword tool broken

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello edu-seo; Welcome to AdWords community;

We had an issue with traffic estimator, about two weeks ago;

Traffic estimator and keyword tool are related. Could be that keyword tool is affected?

Is traffic estimator working fine?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

I haven't heard about any known keyword tool outages (and probably would have).  What browser, OS, etc. are you using?  Can you provide exact steps to reproduce the problem?  If you do I can pass them along to the keyword tool team.

Laura

AdWords engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That would be great laura! I'm on a Mac. I'm 100% sure the problem exists on Safari, less sure it exists on Firefox since I use both interchangably at work but I think it happens there too. On my macbook I also use Chrome interchangably and I know I have experienced the problem on that machine too but I'm not at home at the moment so can't confirm which browser. To reproduce the problem:

1. log into adwords account

2. enter a bunch of keywords into the tool

3. in the results start clicking check boxes next to keywords

4. by the 4th - 5th click the page will reoload and you loose all your work

In the video I provided (above) particularly pay attention to the last example as the first ones all happened when I clicked the first "group" to expand the list but on the last one it happend on a keyword check box. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Correction: The problem doesn't appear to happen in Firefox. Safari is most likely the culprit. I can send more documentation if you want.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Thanks.  I passed this along to the keyword tool guys a while ago.  I'll post here if/when I hear back from them.

Laura