Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword suggestions blocking me every time for 3-4 seconds

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a certain workflow which requires opening the "add keyword" button for each 2-3 keywords. Every time, I get frustrated by a delay of at least 3 seconds for a useless tool that I cannot seem to turn off for "keyword suggestions".

I work on a good computer ( i7 quad core,8 thread, 2.5 Ghz , 12 gb ram, ssd hard drive) and a fast internet connections so this should not be happening because of device induced delay, it is all the fault of slow google server opening up that suggestions list.

Basically I can't add a keyword and press Save until the full list of keywords suggestions does not load up, every time.

Is there a way to turn off that keyword list for good ?

Here is a picture to better understand the issue : 

loading-sample-keywords-blocks-save-button.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Keyword suggestions blocking me every time for 3-4 seconds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Adrian,

First I would like to say, 2-3 sec is minimal timing. So it can be negligible. But this can not be avoided that there are some features in adwords that takes too much time to load the interface.
But you already know, we have adwords editor to get rid of all those obstacles or slow loading interface.

Basically I can't add a keyword and press Save until the full list of keywords suggestions does not load up, every time.

No there is no way to turn off that keywords suggestion list. But, adding (typing a new keywords) a new keywords takes more time. So 2-3 Sec can not neglected.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Adrian,

First I would like to say, 2-3 sec is minimal timing. So it can be negligible. But this can not be avoided that there are some features in adwords that takes too much time to load the interface.
But you already know, we have adwords editor to get rid of all those obstacles or slow loading interface.

No there is no way to turn off that keywords suggestion list. But, adding (typing a new keywords) a new keywords takes more time. So 2-3 Sec can not neglected.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes , i was hoping there was a setting somewhere to turn that off.

The keyword suggestions includes only broad keywords , low search volume , and keywords I already have.

I understand why this feature has to harass me every time in hope that I could bid on some new high traffic keywords of low relevancy just to bring google more profit but ....

3 seconds for 500 times during a day is very frustrating.

Where can I send a feature request to turn off those slow loading lists ?