AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword-specific remarketing within keyword adgroup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My existing remarketing is very broad, so I have dedicated remarketing-only adgroups within a remarketing campaign. But I would like to remarket at the keyword level...

So a few keywords have an adgroup, which sends searchers to a keyword-specific page, whose URL is used to create a remarketing list for that keyword. The remarketing can then be keyword-specific. 

I'm waiting for the audiences to build, but once they do it feels natural to want to put these keyword-specific remarketing ads in the same adgroup as their exisiting search adgroups. I can then manage everything about that keyword in one adgroup instead of hopping from the search adgroup its corresponding remarketing adgroup. 

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword-specific remarketing within keyword adgroup?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I don't believe this is possible or (actually) advisable. 

Your remarketing is targeting website visitors sent by the Ad Group, the fact that the Ad Group has only one keyword in it notwithstanding. Granted that Ad Groups are only a sort of organizational tool, I feel that this kind of restructuring of how data is grouped and displayed would create more problems than benefits for most advertisers, most of whom are probably targeting larger slices of their website traffic than this.

For my clients, remarketing has different ad messaging, uses different landing pages, gets very different results, and has significantly different ROI. When I run reports, I need the original search and the remarketing data separate, because of all these performance variances. When I move to analyze and optimize performance, I view the data with different expectations. 

Just my thoughts.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*