5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just launched my adword campaign last Sunday, and I am getting a lot of clicks, but those clicks are questionable. My big concern is that I did a keyword analysis and the results showed a lot of arabic and chinese search terms that were marked as broad search terms to my keywords.  The worse part is that I am paying for a lot of clicks from those search terms and hardly any in English.  My settings target English speakers only.  I also set up a Google Analytics last night and discovered that the location for those clicks originated in Pakistan and Vietnam.  How do I restrict access to my campaign and site to only English character search terms?  I am even wondering if those searches are being automatically generated.   I have decided to pause my campaign until I can resolve this problem.  Please help because I am wasting money, and I am not seeming to reach the audience that I need.

Thank you,

Angel Ximara

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keywords search in other language trigger an English Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello AngelX; welcome;

• First, I would Geo-target your campaign to the regions / territories you sell.  Campaigns should be localized. (Localized landing pages  written in  a local language).  If you target English, I would assume, that you target English speaking countries.
  • Switch to modified broad match. That will eliminate all synonyms that trigger your ad in other languages. (My assumption:  the English keywords you are using, have been adopted, as is, into other languages.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello AngelX; welcome;

• First, I would Geo-target your campaign to the regions / territories you sell.  Campaigns should be localized. (Localized landing pages  written in  a local language).  If you target English, I would assume, that you target English speaking countries.
  • Switch to modified broad match. That will eliminate all synonyms that trigger your ad in other languages. (My assumption:  the English keywords you are using, have been adopted, as is, into other languages.)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Keyword search

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, Ad Moshe explained, it can be due to your campaign setting, so first check your campaign setting. Is it targeting to write country or location?
Also, a better ads can avoids many useless clicks if it clearly mention the service/products you are providing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Moshe. I'll try your suggestion.

AngelX

Re: Keyword search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Anil.  My keywords are reflective of my product (a novel) written in English.  As Moshe suggested, I will work on my landing pages as I have already changed the region settings.

Angel Ximara