Guide Me
star_border

Keyword research by location? Please help

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I'm trying to determine how many people are searching for the keyword "kickboxing" in my zip code and the surrounding area's zip codes. I see that I can target my ads by zip code but I want to find out what the demand is for kickboxing in these zip codes. I cannot figure out how to search for this. Please help.
Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Keyword research by location? Please help

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi SBit,

The keyword tools won't give you data down to that specific a location as far as I'm aware.

You could maybe do a search for kickboxing "location" and see if this data can help you get some useful data.

One way to do it would be to run a test campaign with a smallish budget using radius targeting and customise you columns so you can see your lost impression share due to budget. This will tell you what % of potential traffic you are missing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I think that maybe you can do something like this:

when you ad specific location google shows reach of this location, so you can do maths like this:

reach of specific zip coade/reach of us =x%

than you can multiply this percentage by number of month searchings of keywords you want

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi SBit,

You can find search according to Country, All subreagions, All metros, Time period etc. Although you cannot find search volume exactly in your zip code but upto some extent it can help you.

Thanks

Brijesh

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello SBit; Welcome to Adwords community

Partial information can be found using Google insights for search

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’