2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword planner vs. traffic estimator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In setting up an account (and using the estimator to make adjustments), I have set up very targeted keywords.  This list of keywords shows monthly search numbers that are low (but fine as it is very targeted) in the keyword planner.  In setting up a CPC and daily budget, however - all search terms register zero clicks, zero impressions....and zeros across every column in the estimator.

This has happened with keyword search numbers in the 'hundreds' - along with monthly searches at more than one thousand.

If a minimum threshold is not being met to register on the estimator, does that mean that the CPC bid is irrelevant, and only the daily max is needed?  On the other hand, if there is no minimum needed to register, is there anything else that would show monthly searches in the keyword planner, and then show zeros for impressions, clicks, CTR etc. on the estimator?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword planner vs. traffic estimator

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If I got you correctly, I wouldn't rely much on the Estimators. These estimates tend to have  a "big" margin of error.
Use the "raw data" to get an estimate of the bids. Since these numbers represent the actual price paid by advertisers for a given keyword (in its exact match type).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’