AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword planner - negative keywords - is there a limit of 300 kw ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am doing a keyword research and to discover new keywords I need to use so far 305 exact match negatives in the keyword planner ,"negative keywords" section.

I have noticed that after exceeding the 300 negative keywords, the keyword planner shows keywords suggestions which include some exact match keywords that I gave it to use as negatives.

There is no warning in the interface about a limit for negative keywords in the keyword planner, and I have not found a limit in the documentation.

Then why is the keyword planner giving me keyword suggestions of keywords that I have blocked by adding them as exact match negatives in it ?

Re: Keyword planner - negative keywords - is there a limit of 300 kw ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Which section are you adding the negative keywords in Campaign level or adgroup level?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Ishwar, please re-read my question . I am talking about "negative keywords" inside the keyword planner.

They are supposed to reduce the amount of keyword suggestions, by eliminating keywords that I already found.

Did you experience such a limitation in the keyword planner ? And if yes, is there a way to raise the limit to over 300 negatives per plan ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I missed the keyword planner part. I been using Bing planner for keyword research and confirming the numbers by multiplying by 8 to 10 to see what big G is reporting. So i must say I don't have experience with the 300 limit.