AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword planner doesn't work when I select a region outside US

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am hoping that someone could shed some lights to my long hours of failed attempting and searching. I live in HK and I would like to use the keyword planner to help me estimate traffics for a list of keywords, depending on my budget (that's what the tool for, right?)

I input all my keywords and click 'Estimate', the result shows only estimated impressions & avg. positions, but not the clicks, and this also causes the daily cost to show zero.

It works (results showing numbers for estimated clicks) when I tried to include US into my target location. Could it be the tool not working in my region yet?

Please help, thanks!

Regards,

Sarah

Re: Keyword planner doesn't work when I select a region outside US

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Update: I added a keyword in Chinese (traditional), the results started to show some clicks. I removed all English keywords and that doesn't change the results.

Why doesn't the keyword planner estimates English keywords?

Re: Keyword planner doesn't work when I select a region outside US

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Keyword Planner should work with all languages. Not sure what might be happening in your case. Can you check that the the language settings on the left hand side are correct? Is it showing information for all languages except for English?