AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword insertion never shows the keywords

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

I'm expanding my sales into Switzerland, but terms and conditions are more strict, than in my country. In my country I can add name of product brand into ad in a static way and it is allowed. In Switzerland they have policy, that blocks adding name of product bran into the ad.

So the solution was clear - keyword insertion. But still it shows every time only default text for some big brand names and never the keyword. Anyone knows what might be the problem?

Then I tried to use dynamic search ads, but they seem to be more like not working and when they do, they usually generate wrong destination url.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomáš Kraus
September 2015

Re: Keyword insertion never shows the keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Alex;

You are correct;

No matter what method you use, in EU  and EFTA countries (Swizerland is a member of EFTA), you cannot show a  trade-name mark in the ad-text without authorization by the trade mark owner.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

As per my understanding, there are 2 aspects to your concern:

1. There might be some issue while implementing Keyword Insertion in your ads. Make sure that character limit doesn't exceed, other wise the default text will be trigerred. Also you need to have the keyword in your ad group for which you want DKI to be functional. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

2. In case if it is trademark issue and you are not the Trademark owner, then you need to request the Trademark owner to fill up  a form and let your account to be authorized to use that trademark terms in your ad. Otherwise, you won't be able to run Trademark terms in your text ads.

More details around Trademark Policy are given in detail here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Alex;

You are correct;

No matter what method you use, in EU  and EFTA countries (Swizerland is a member of EFTA), you cannot show a  trade-name mark in the ad-text without authorization by the trade mark owner.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alex,

As per my understanding, there are 2 aspects to your concern:

1. There might be some issue while implementing Keyword Insertion in your ads. Make sure that character limit doesn't exceed, other wise the default text will be trigerred. Also you need to have the keyword in your ad group for which you want DKI to be functional. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454041?hl=en

2. In case if it is trademark issue and you are not the Trademark owner, then you need to request the Trademark owner to fill up  a form and let your account to be authorized to use that trademark terms in your ad. Otherwise, you won't be able to run Trademark terms in your text ads.

More details around Trademark Policy are given in detail here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for valuable information to both of you gentlemen.