AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword for niche product

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am selling niche product in which the name is highly specific.

In google trends, I can see the keywords (different combination of the product name) is not popular at all.

I tried google with the keywords, and found no ad being shown at all (by any other competitors).

I therefore set a relatively low bid of CPC.  The quality score of that keyword is 10/10.  But the ad is not being triggered/shown.

Should I simply raise the bid or any other advice.  Thanks a lot.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Biondi T
September 2015

Re: Keyword for niche product

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

I won't mind going for some generic keywords which are relevant to my business and if my daily cost allows me to do so.

I would also suggest you to look for some different match type keywords. For example if  you have tried exact and phrase matches and not getting much traffic, then try Broad modifiers also and see if it makes any difference or not.

The idea is to keep experimenting and work in the direction which is best for you.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Biondi T,

What is the status of your keywords? Does it say low search volume or something?

The reason I am saying this is because if their status is LSV, then Google is not going to display ad for that keyword until it finds that the searches for that keyword has increased with the time.

So onething you could do is to either wait for those keywords till they become eligible and Google starts delivering ads for them. Otherwise, my small piece of advice would be to include the keywords which have some searches locally or globally depending upon what your target locations are.

Did you try the keyword tool and also the new tool called keyword planner? See the below screenshot:

2013-05-17 13_44_17-Google AdWords_ Keyword Planner.jpg

I would suggest you to work on these tools and try to identify your core competition and then bid on those keywords, so that you start getting some relevant traffic to your website.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Thanks for your reply.  The status of that keyword is "Eligible" and QS is 10/10.  "Showing ad right now" = No.

Not sure if this is because of my new setting up of adwords account while I have no CTR or other historic data for reference.  I heard that the status will change when some traffic accumulate, but if its not triggered, I wonder it is even not being shown with no impression.  No traffic will be accumulated at all.

Just also tried the keyword planner.  Its seems very useful but also made me think of using more general keywords rather than  specific one (my product is niche).  But I wonder if a general, boarder keyword would be of very high relevance.

Typical questions asked by beginners?

Thanks a lot.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Biondi T
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

I won't mind going for some generic keywords which are relevant to my business and if my daily cost allows me to do so.

I would also suggest you to look for some different match type keywords. For example if  you have tried exact and phrase matches and not getting much traffic, then try Broad modifiers also and see if it makes any difference or not.

The idea is to keep experimenting and work in the direction which is best for you.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Well....If you have exhausted all other options the last one remains is to increase the bid...Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’