AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword clicks wanted but not showing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new campaign, running two days, and showing clicks under Total Search, but not showing any clicks under my keywords.  I would like to only pay for clicks that are for the keywords that I set up.  Is there a way to tell what the non-keyword clicks were, and (more importantly) to prevent them from eating up my budget?

My campaign type is Search Network Only and my Campaign subtype is Standard

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword clicks wanted but not showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Can we just check - is your campaign search only or search with display select?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

Here are the settings for the campaign:

Campaign settings

Campaign name  Campaign #1

Type  Search Network only - Standard

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi John,

It seems that you have edited/deleted the old keywords of your campaigns. And you are checking only "All enabled keywords", that's why you are not able to see the keywords stats there. Change the filter "All Keywords" in your campaign, you will see the stats with corresponding keywords.

If you still face the same issue, then contact to AdWords support team, It may be some technical issues in your account.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

I did see the issue of All enabled vs. All keywords mentioned in another thread, and my selection is "All Keywords".

I'm going to try the support team, and will update...

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
John O,

It's a sort issue, if you are only showing enable campaigns, then all keywords will still just show for those enabled campaigns,

So, Same as Rakesh mentions, but First go to Campaigns and Show All Campaigns, to see if there are clicks in an inactive (paused) campaign, and then click through to show ALL keywords. You should see ever keyword clicks data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

Tried that too - no luck.

After chatting with support, they had me switch from a dynamic campaign to a standard campaign. Will see if this helps when stats start coming in tomorrow.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You might have created a Dynamic Search ads campaign that works on the premise that Google's organic ranking algorithm indexes your website pages & then any user search is mapped to your website and the ad is triggered accordingly.

While creating the ad, did Adwords just ask you for description lines and said that headline and destination URLs will be added automatically?