AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Triggering Other Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have targeted two different but similar keywords in different ad groups but one of my keyword triggering the other ad. Please check the screen shot and please help.

Ads Not Showing for Similar Keywords.png 

Thanks,

Sonu M.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Triggering Other Ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
It's all about adrank - When using broader match types (especially if you use "close variants"), Whichever KW/Bid/Ad combination wins the highest adrank for the user query, that combination will be shown.

You either have to build exact match only without close variants adgroups/campaigns, or use negative KW's to exclude the "wrong" queries from the adgroup/campaign.
Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonu M
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Sonu,

I think Tom has answered your question above with his detailed answer - it's based on ad rank and if you have similar keywords, the AdWords system will choose the keyword that will get you the best position. 

This article about 'Improving Keywords' provides some useful information about duplicates if you'd like to take a look: http://goo.gl/7wzrov .

I hope we've helped! Best of luck!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
It's all about adrank - When using broader match types (especially if you use "close variants"), Whichever KW/Bid/Ad combination wins the highest adrank for the user query, that combination will be shown.

You either have to build exact match only without close variants adgroups/campaigns, or use negative KW's to exclude the "wrong" queries from the adgroup/campaign.
Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sonu M
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Sonu,

I think Tom has answered your question above with his detailed answer - it's based on ad rank and if you have similar keywords, the AdWords system will choose the keyword that will get you the best position. 

This article about 'Improving Keywords' provides some useful information about duplicates if you'd like to take a look: http://goo.gl/7wzrov .

I hope we've helped! Best of luck!