AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Tool & Contextual Targeting Tool Show Different CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I am a little bit confused by all the tools available. Keyword tool tells me the phrase I want to bid on has CPC of $0.54 but contextual targeting tool gives $4.63 for same phrase. What I am supposed to bid?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ubound
September 2015

Re: Keyword Tool Vs. Contextual Targeting Tool

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ubound; Welcome to AdWords community;

I do agree that this is somewhat confusing; Smiley Surprised

The contextual targeting tool is aimed towards the display network, where your ads are matched to relevant web pages using contextual targeting.

The keyword tool is aimed for suggested keywords on the search network.

CPCs on the display network are usually much less than on the search network. I wouldn't "put much trust" in the suggested bid by the contextual targeting tool, and consider the suggested bid of the keyword tool as an initial bid that needs adjustments, later on, when you start accumulating / gaining clicks.

Read more:

Watch The video

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ubound
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ubound; Welcome to AdWords community;

I do agree that this is somewhat confusing; Smiley Surprised

The contextual targeting tool is aimed towards the display network, where your ads are matched to relevant web pages using contextual targeting.

The keyword tool is aimed for suggested keywords on the search network.

CPCs on the display network are usually much less than on the search network. I wouldn't "put much trust" in the suggested bid by the contextual targeting tool, and consider the suggested bid of the keyword tool as an initial bid that needs adjustments, later on, when you start accumulating / gaining clicks.

Read more:

Watch The video

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe TLV Smiley Happy I am new to Adwords. I know it only from Adsense side, but right now I am building something new and I want my new business have another model. Thanks for links I will study them now Smiley Happy

Have a good day!