AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Status

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Team,

In my account I have uploaded some keywords but these keywords show me following suggestions:

1. We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budget.
2. One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword.
3. Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.

By these suggestions I am not able to trigger my ads? what can I do?

- Prasad M

Re: Keyword Status

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Prasad,

First of all, Have you tried the Ad Preview tool ?
Now check the estimate budget adwords suggested. 1. Your daily budget is low so adwords not showing your ad everytime. Increase your budget.
2. It seems you are targeting same keyword in different ad groups. Google won't show two ads from the same advertiser on the same page
3. As i suggested above also, Use ad preview tools, your ads are running or not. Other wise Go to keywords option , and hover mouse speech bubble see your ad status.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Prasad,

1. Because of the limited budget or low budget that you had set. Raise the budget, then your ad will trigger more frequently.
2. This is most probably because of another match type of the same keyword is triggering the ad due to its adrank or quality score or other performance metrics.
3. You will see this message if you are trying to preview your ads in location other than your target location.
Try to set the location where you are targeting and then try.

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Prasad,

As you mentioned you are getting these suggestion
1. We're only showing your ad occasionally because of your budget.
Google shows your ad occasionally because your daily budget is low, this is pretty normal. as number of daily searches high for a keyword google can not show your ad every time a user search for your keyword as in standard ad delivery google have to show your ad through out the day, so google shows your ad occasionally.

2. One of your other ads is already showing for this keyword.
you are getting this message because another Ads are being triggered by another - active - Keyword of a different match type.

3. Your ads are set to show only to users in the locations you've chosen.
I do not think you have to be worried about this message, this message usually appears when there are two locations with the same "town name".

I suggest you to check your ad in ad preview tool

Hope this helps

Regards,
Rahul Goel