AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am curious whether it is better to have just this as a keyword. Assume the key word WIDGET VERY unique (not to mention I have some negative keywords to ensure that it does not trigger results I do not want):

WIDGET

or these 3:

WIDGET

WIDGET TURNING MACHINE

[WIDGET TURNING MACHINE]

Will a search for the set of the 3 keywords not yield the same result as the a search for the single keyword? Will having just the one keyword instead of the 3 improve my quality score?

Thanks.

Keyword Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Leon R

Quality score is depending on multiple factors like Keyword, Ad Content, CTR Rate and the Landing page.

I would suggest:

+Widget +Turning +Machine

[Widget Turning Machine]

Single word keyword is not the best move to target the audience according to me.

You can improve your quality score by:

1. Structure your campaigns into smaller yet targeted ad groups
  2. Optimize keyword ad copy
  3. Target your landing pages
  4. Know the Quality Score factors
  5. Decrease your landing page load times

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Keyword Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but if you assume that 'Widget' is an incredibly unique word then won't Widget alone as a keyword result in the same impressions and click through as what you suggested? I would think this would be the case because anyone who types that word into their search engine, whether as just one word or a phrase, is only every looking for what I sell? 

Keyword Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Leone,

Well...i don't think so that any single word keyword is a unique in search engine. 

And if you use single word keyword then how you can define that which keyword combination is related to your product or service. Lets take an example, user can search Widget, Widget Factory, Widget For WordPress etc. Then how you Co-relate the searched keyword with your landing page? Because of this I would recommend use BMM, Phrase or Exact match keywords but not with single word keyword. 

Hope you understand my point. 

If there is still any doubt regarding, you can reply me back. 

Happy to help :-) 

Thanks, 

Aslam 

Keyword Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aslam,

Actually, the name of my product is unique and there are only 2 other products in the entire world with the same name. Mine is a sporting good product and the other two are pizza and software, so I added the latter two as negative keywords. So, since they are negative keywords, with me having only 'Widget' as a key word then if someone searches on google for my product name 'Widget' they will always find my website if they enter 'Widget' with or without any other words in front or afterwards, correct?

Am I missing anything here?

Regards,

Leon 

Re: Keyword Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Leon,

If you think your single word keyword perform well and give good CTR & CPA, then you can go with that.

You have to use Exact Match option for the same. But in this case, your Quality Score issues are related to relevancy. So I suggest, use Specific Keywords for your product.

Also, do not forget to make a list of negative keywords.

Hope you understand my point.

Thanks,

Aslam