2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am currently using Keyword Planner and the layout cuts off the end of many keywords. It doesn't seem to be possible to widen the 'search terms' column to make them visible. Can anyone help?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Helen,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I just went into the Keyword Planner and did not see any cut-off keywords on my side. Could you perhaps share a screenshot (making sure not to include your Customer ID in the top right corner or your email address), as well as let me know which setting you used when you first clicked into the Keyword Planner (ex. "Search for new keywords," "Multiply keyword lists," etc.)?

Thanks!
Cassie

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Helen,

Download the whole list of keywords either as adwords editor CSV / Excel CSV or save to Google drive form the download tab.

Then it will be easier to edit/filter and expending the row/column to the the full length keyword if it is partially cut in the planner due to being long.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Maybe can try the zoom on your browser view, otherwise it happens to me too when the phrases are too long.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Cassie ,

I was searching for new keywords, I've attached a screenshot of what I mean:

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 10.00.52.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Archit, this is what i've been doing it'd just be nice to be able to do it in the planner, as I'm compiling lists of very specific keywords. It isn't end of the world type stuff, I was more just hoping someone had already fixed this. Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Welcome Helen Smiley Happy

I recommend to download all the keyword ideas from the planner and use excel. It will save time as you can apply various filters within excel to choose the keywords.

Even after adding these keywords into the adgroup based on the theme, you can have suggested keywords based on the keywords that you have already added.
Just go to that particular adgroup and click +keywords, now you will get related keywords based on various themes to build your list further.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Helen G
February 2016

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi Helen,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. I did a search on my end for a similar query, and while the longer keywords do cut off, I'm afraid mine are not all getting cut off like yours are.

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 5.41.26 PM.png

Since this isn't an issue I've heard from anyone else before, I suspect it may be something to do with your browser settings. Have you tried to do the same Keyword Planner search in a different browser?

Cassie

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Helen,

Try collapsing the left pane on the keyword planner page. Its works the same as the functionality you see in the AdWords interface.

Just go to the top left of the page. In the Left pane, click on the "<<' button that you see to the right of the pane. It should widen your main table and you should be able to see all the keywords (or most of it) on the interface. If nothing else fails, try what Archit recommended, download the keywords in an CSV file (save it as an excel) and work on the same.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for replying Shashank - the 'search terms' column stays the same width unfortunately! Think Cassie is right and it's my browser.

Thanks,

Helen