3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner with wrong results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have checked many keywords with Global and country based option. If I search each (separate) country it will give me results. If I search Global it will actually show lower results. I'm not sure but I missed past version which was excellent.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner with wrong results

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Matjaz,

If you are talking about the old keyword Tool.

Yes you will get search traffic discrepancy because the old tool gave the data all the traffic(Including SEO, SEM) but the keyword planner records only Google adwords paid traffic.

earlier you keyword planner showed the All match type of keywords traffic but now it gives only Exact match search traffic.

Here you can find the difference between both Tools.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
That's strange. Can you provide an example keyword and country? It will help us investigate why that might be happening.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check sauna term.
In the past it showed me 6 mio. monthly visitors. When I check now it will be 1 Group and one keyword. It was BROAD match and it should show me many groups/keyword ideas.
Currently statistics: Avg. monthly searches with 246000
Germany: 40000

Should I trust statistics where it was 6. mio searches with decrease from mio. to less than 50 000.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Check also Suggested bid. It shows me date when downloaded: 1.1.1936
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Matjaz,

If you are talking about the old keyword Tool.

Yes you will get search traffic discrepancy because the old tool gave the data all the traffic(Including SEO, SEM) but the keyword planner records only Google adwords paid traffic.

earlier you keyword planner showed the All match type of keywords traffic but now it gives only Exact match search traffic.

Here you can find the difference between both Tools.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’