AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner needs Active Credit Card?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I just logged into the AdWords Keyword Planner, intending to compare the projected traffic for a few keywords. However, no results are showing.

Is this because the credit card I have on file is no longer valid? I ran an AdWords campaign previously, but have not renewed it. And the credit card associated with that campaign expired a while ago. I was not planning to start another campaign, so haven't bothered to update my credit card information (with all the security leaks companies are having lately, I'd rather not post a credit card number online until I actually plan to use it. It would just be one more potential security leak I have to worry about.)

Before I jump to the wrong conclusion, can anybody confirm this for me?

Is AdWords, indeed, not returning traffic projections because I presently do not have a valid credit card on

my account?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner needs Active Credit Card?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I use the KW Planner in a sandbox account that has no active CC all the time. Must be something else. Maybe try to run the tool again and use the send feedback feature within the tool> It should allow you to take a snapshot of what you see when you run for results and send some written explanation along too.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I also - as Kim - have a sandbox account in which a billing method  is (or was) not requited.

At some point (I don't know when)  it was changed, and a billing method is required to use the tool. 

I think the reasoning is that Google wants the "general public" to use Google Trends, while "keeping" the keyword planner  a tool for advertisers .

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Strange. I just went into another old account of my own which messages all over that I have no valid form of payment and I can use the planner no problems...

Am I special Smiley Wink ?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Only in newly opened accounts...I agree, this is a bit weird
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
gotcha...my accounts are ancient Smiley Wink

Kinda lame because sometimes people just want to do research before they invest in the advertising.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please for the name of God!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Tell me how to ask a question to a human being???!!!!! PLEASE!!!! Why the **bleep** is it SOOOO **bleep**ING difficult to find the answer to two questions that I have?!!!!

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
What is your question Alex?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alex.

I do not work for Google but I have been following their ranking methods since they came out.

What is it that you want to know? (and I *am* a human that will help without strings)!

John Jarvis

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Moshe,

I had a query here. At my company, we have trainees who we give assignments on creating account structures based on the Keyword Planner data. They do not have access to our MCC and use their own personal gmail ids to do this task and although they have limited access to the keyword planner tool, they have never faced an issue where they do not get any data for any keyword themes.

We have trainees every quarter and have never faced an issue with the planner and seeing as they didn't have access to any of our accounts (which implies no active billing nor an active account) this should not be happening. How is it that my trainees get (almost) proper
data but David can't?

This seems a bit weird to me.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"