AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner is only available to paid users now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was hoping to use the keyword planner in getting my website started (I have read it is very useful for this), but it seems like there is no way to "log in" without setting up a paid ad campaign.  Is this the case?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner is only available to paid users now?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, yes, the Keyword Tool (both "internal" and external) has been replaced by the Keyword Planner, which is only available within an AdWords Account.  You don't actually have to spend any money to get access to the Planner, but you do have to open an Account.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Since you don't have to take your campaigns live until you are ready you will not actually spend any money - even though you will have to add your billing details and these will need to be verified.

Once your billing information is confirmed you will be able to access all the functionality.

Makes sense.... for everyone - not just Google.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mark, yes, the Keyword Tool (both "internal" and external) has been replaced by the Keyword Planner, which is only available within an AdWords Account.  You don't actually have to spend any money to get access to the Planner, but you do have to open an Account.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply Jon.

I'm a bit confused though. I created a new AdWords account yesterday, which took me immediately to the "Your First Campaign" setup. There are no other options besides proceeding forward with billing and setup, and no option to go back?

I can't start a campaign with zero dollars, and I can't actually access my account without setting up a paid campaign...what am I missing?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Since you don't have to take your campaigns live until you are ready you will not actually spend any money - even though you will have to add your billing details and these will need to be verified.

Once your billing information is confirmed you will be able to access all the functionality.

Makes sense.... for everyone - not just Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Steve,

Thanks for the reply...there is no way for a new user to know that is the case based on the set-up process.  I'll think about weather it is worth it for me to go through with the sign up process...not too excited about having my cc info stored in yet another place.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
There are lots of tings that are not too intuitive about the Adwords set up.... ;-)

but your CC details are probably as safe as they can be with Google!