2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner; how to order results by my input, not by relevance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I am quite new to working with adwords and I have the following question which I can't figure out but would make my life a lot easier!

> When I copy a list of search terms into Keyword Planner, it shows me the av. search results by relevance. I would like Keyword Planner to not sort this for me by relevance but give me the results in the exact order as I put my search terms. This way I can copy past the result in my already existing excel sheet, and then sort it myself if I need to. 

I hope the answer is simple Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Inez D
July 2016

Re: Keyword Planner; how to order results by my input, not by relevance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi @Inez D,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. Though there is a simple solution to your problem. Download the file you get from the planner and Use vlookup in excel to pull the numbers for your selected keywords.
Incase you are not sure how to use vlookup, here are 2 blogs to understand that.
http://www.ppchero.com/my-top-5-excel-tips-for-ppc-managers/
http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2010/12/30/ppc-vlookup

Its very simple to use one you try it!
Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Inez D
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi @Inez D,

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. Though there is a simple solution to your problem. Download the file you get from the planner and Use vlookup in excel to pull the numbers for your selected keywords.
Incase you are not sure how to use vlookup, here are 2 blogs to understand that.
http://www.ppchero.com/my-top-5-excel-tips-for-ppc-managers/
http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2010/12/30/ppc-vlookup

Its very simple to use one you try it!
Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Inez D,

The keywords proposed by the keyword planner are not actually sorted by relevance until you click the "keyword (by relevance) column.
When you will click there the down arrow(descending order) will be shown, and this time the most relevant keyword will be on the top.

Though you can also sort these by monthly searches, suggested bids in the planner or in the excel sheet after downloading as excel CSV file.

Now coming back to your issue, it is not possible within the planner but when you will download the CSV file, input keywords will be on the top as seed keywords. So, if the list of input keywords is not a big one then it can be done manually and then copying all the keywords other than the seed keywords below your input keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Archit,

I appreciate your reply, thank you! Does your first sentence mean that if I don't click this option it''s not sorted by relevance? I can't 'unclick' this option anywhere.. So far I doing it manually with list not larger than 20 search terms but sometimes I work with bigger ones which is kind of annoying then. I'll try what you said, and leave the seed keywords out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shweta!

Thank you very much for replying and suggestions , I very much appreciate that. I will take a look into Vlookup, thanks!

Greets, Inez