Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner for Reporting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I handle marketing for a Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) company. I'd like to create a report with the following info and wonder if I can use Keyword Planner to help me do so:

1. Top 5 search terms for "air Conditioners"

2. How we rank organically for that term

3. Repeat 1 & 2 for "furnaces" and all other products and services we offer

Also, I'm wondering if I should concentrate on search terms with a location attached, that we service. i.e. focus on "air conditioners burlington" instead of just "air conditioners" which may be too broad. 

I hope this makes sense. Very new to AdWords. 

Thanks for any insight you can offer. 

Zeljka

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zeljka B
July 2016

Re: Keyword Planner for Reporting?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Zeljka,

Thanks for posting to the Community! The Keyword Planner is a good tool for doing research on the types of volume you can expect if you bid on particular keywords in given locations, so you should be able to use it to find the top search terms in your area that relate to "air conditioners" or "furnaces." What you won't find in that tool, though, is organic search ranking. For that piece, I would recommend a tool like the Google Search Console. You'll be able to view the top queries that brought users to your website, as well as your position on the page.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brilliant, thanks. Did not think to check Search Console and I wonder if I can find something similar in analytics.
Thanks for your help!

Sent from Outlook Mobile

Zeljka Burazin
Marketing Manager - Online
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include any sensitive information, like your email address or phone number, in your posts.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for editing. I inadvertently included my email signature.