AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner (blank keyword traffic)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just don't understand!

My keyword is “corporate interior design services”.

Now, first I did a search using the keyword tool and in the India it said there were only (- -)  Zero searches per month?! - -! Is that it? According to Google, the worldwide search volume for this is only - - 

If any one have to perfect answer about the above question, please reply with deeply answer.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author sanjay k
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner (blank keyword traffic)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

It does not necessarily mean that the particular keyword has 0 search volume. It simply means that the keyword planner does't have enough data for it. You will usually get a dash (-) if you search longer key phrases and your target geography is confined. 

The actual scenario may or may not be different if you add that keyword to your campaign. Though, it works as a hint for keywords' popularity.

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sanjay,

As Ratan mentioned, it doesn't necessarily mean that the keyword has 0 search volume - the Keyword planner just doesn't have enough data. In these cases, I still like to add the keyword to the account to see what kind of volume I can pick up.

One thing I would like to mention, though, is that it is a very specific keyword so depending on how large of an area you are targeting there may not be much volume. It is a good idea to have highly specific keywords but you may want to try some that contain less than 4 terms like "corporate interior design", "B2B interior design", "office design consultant", etc.

Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop
AmyBishopMarketing.com

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjay,

It does not necessarily mean that the particular keyword has 0 search volume. It simply means that the keyword planner does't have enough data for it. You will usually get a dash (-) if you search longer key phrases and your target geography is confined. 

The actual scenario may or may not be different if you add that keyword to your campaign. Though, it works as a hint for keywords' popularity.

Does that help?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sanjay,

As Ratan mentioned, it doesn't necessarily mean that the keyword has 0 search volume - the Keyword planner just doesn't have enough data. In these cases, I still like to add the keyword to the account to see what kind of volume I can pick up.

One thing I would like to mention, though, is that it is a very specific keyword so depending on how large of an area you are targeting there may not be much volume. It is a good idea to have highly specific keywords but you may want to try some that contain less than 4 terms like "corporate interior design", "B2B interior design", "office design consultant", etc.

Hope this helps!

Amy Bishop
AmyBishopMarketing.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Amy Bishop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan jee
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help!