1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner access denied when trying to download plan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Once I've selected my keywords using the keywords planner I review the estimates and try to download the data to excel but keep getting an error page with the following information.

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access denied.</Message><Details>Not authorized to access requested object</Details></Error>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner access denied when trying to download plan

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Try another browser that supports XHTML, like Chrome. Maybe now you are using Firefox or some old version of a browser.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Tried Firefox, Chrome and IE. I tried a different gmail account and it works fine so I'm not sure why but it looks like my email doesn't have the required access. That particular email has it's own MCC and manages another MCC so perhaps this has something to do with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have this problem too, Google needs to fix this, to suggest that users move to Google Chrome is an abuse of monopoly. Users should be free to use whatever browser they want. We have seen this kind of thing with Microsoft and it led to an EU investigation. Please provide some proper support and tell users how to fix this on Firefox or whatever NON GOOGLE browser.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Todd,

Thanks for your question. Based on the problems your having with that specific MCC account and the Keyword Planner, I've asked our Adwords support team to contact you shortly in order to resolve the issue. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I found the only way to get it working was to delete ALL cookies from browser, not just the obvious Google ones. The result is that I am now stuck with the awful new Google homepage, now I have to press two clicks to open an app.

Haven't Google heard that "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? Why not provide users with a choice of the black toolbar at the top, no in typical Google fashion they just rip it out from under you, no change management, no consideration of users. I would not mind if there were improvements, the keyword planner has a user interface from HELL, I can honestly say that it is one of the most poorly designed UI's I have seen since 1982 when we had Visicalc.

From the FB groups I am in it seems that this failure to download in other browsers comes back. Deleting ALL my cookies is a real pain, it affects hundreds of sites that I use.

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

The only time I have ever seen 'Access Denied' message is when someone logs into multiple accounts from the same browser.

The only solution - as you figured is to delete all cookies OR use an incognito browser to log in (this you could have done as keyword planner saves research)