AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner Started to highlight -TM - with the Trade Mark Keyword

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi Community Members,

Google has added an addition feature in keyword planner on the occasion of Thanksgiving DaysJ

Now the Keyword Planner has started to highlight the "TM" sign along with Trade Mark Keyword. This is a nice feature as it saves advertiser’s time and effort. Now they can avoid facing the situation of ads Disapproval due to trade mark term. At least before launching the campaigns advertiser can know which keywords are trade marks through the Keyword Planner.

Keyword Planner Trademark.png

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Planner Started to highlight -TM - with the Trade Mark Key

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rakesh,

Yup, noticed it yesterday as well. However it's still possible to use the trademarks if they're not protected, so I guess it's more about curiosity than some real value. Or am I wrong here? Smiley Happy

milda

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I find the value in discovering trademarks that you wouldn't think of like "beautiful house", and avoiding dissaproval is a time saver.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

Yes ... I agree with "Beautiful House" seems a very generic word.
But it is register as a trade mark by "Hearst corporation".

Please follow the below link where @Moshe has described about "beautiful house".

h https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/What-is-wrong-about-this-ad/td-...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
When I saw Calin post about this yesterday I immediately wondered what the point was. I actually don't see the intended or interpreted value here. We can use any keywords we want (in the US).

The bigger question before anyone goes acting on these TMs is whether or not this is an actual/entire list that Google is using/enforcing.

And if this is an actual list, they should be able to pre-check all ads for violations and remove all issues, while saving us the time.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I come to know who is the person behind any particular Tradmarked (TM) Keyword?