Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner Changes - Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, i had a question about the new Keyword Planner Tool

Im sure its only a matter of time before Google phases out the current keyword tool and flips everyone over to the new keyword planner tool.....

My questions is a s follows: In the current keyword tool I can download a keyword research file that contains both " global" and local" results....globally treated world wide and local treated per the country of my selection.....

Since there is now specific targeting IE city, for example Chicago search volume on selected terms, how do i download that new style of report to also include country wide search volume ?

I would want to show what is being search upon in Chicago as compared to the total rest of the country....can this be set in one report

Further to that, can i compare 2 countries together in one report for example USA search to Canada search...in one report, not downloading 2 reports and merging them

Does anyone know

Thanks

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner Changes - Help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wayne !

"Since there is now specific targeting IE city, for example Chicago search volume on selected terms"

You can use any location in the keyword planner and keyword tool, including City.

keyword-planner-location.jpg

I haven't found a way to display a comparative location report but you can merge two reports in excel as you sugested.

Also when you export it can show statistic data like clicks per month or competition.

A very important feature is the ability to exclude keywords that are already in your account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner Changes - Help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Wayne !

"Since there is now specific targeting IE city, for example Chicago search volume on selected terms"

You can use any location in the keyword planner and keyword tool, including City.

keyword-planner-location.jpg

I haven't found a way to display a comparative location report but you can merge two reports in excel as you sugested.

Also when you export it can show statistic data like clicks per month or competition.

A very important feature is the ability to exclude keywords that are already in your account.